Tue, Feb 07|
The program holds drop-in sessions throughout the week until February 24, 2023. Click below for more details.
Time & Location
Feb 07, 9:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Toronto, 48 Thorncliffe Park Dr, East York, ON M4H 1J7, Canada
About The Event
The Roots Program aims to build the personal and professional skills necessary in racialized youth with disabilities in order for them to excel and succeed in life. With a focus on life skills, employment and financial literacy, each stream has goals of youth development and enhancing social skills. As roots are the concrete foundations for trees to grow and nourish, these skills are vital for the flourishing of youth so that they may actively participate in society with minimal barriers and challenges.The Roots Program will be conducted in collaboration between SMILE Canada Support Services and Thorncliffe Park Autism Support Network.
Program Eligibility Requirements
- Youth must register/be registered with SMILE
- Must be over the age of 18
- Must have access to device (i.e. laptop, iPad, tablet) that can be brought to each session
- If youth are over the age of 21, they are still able to register with SMILE, but are not eligible for SMILE financial assistance programs
- Priority Youth are those who reside in Scarborough, East York, North York; able to attend in-person sessions (daily, 2 hours a day, 4 days a week)
- Priority Youth are those diagnosed with Autism
- Have some verbal communication skills