Hiring an Arabic Speaking Service Navigator (Part-Time)
Updated: Jan 21
*Please note, this position has been filled and we are no longer accepting applicants.
The SMILE Case Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of significant activities
including internal operations and acting as a liaison between the assessment team and families. S/he will be instrumental in ensuring consistent and effective internal processes and communications are applied in order to strengthen SMILE’s Not-for-profit programs and position the organization for continued success.
The ideal candidate will be Arabic speaking and have excellent interpersonal skills, and approachable demeanour and will enjoy having direct contact with children and their families. She or he must have a commitment to promoting diversity and have a passion for helping others.
Service Navigator Highlights:
• Receive information from the assessment team and refer SMILE clients to appropriate
services and resources.
• Develop care-plans and establish relationships with SMILE clients.
• Assist families with filling out forms to access funding and services.
• Research existing services and programs to meet individual family needs.
• Support the executive team and team leads to make consistent and progressive steps
towards organizational and programmatic consistency and sustainability.
• Enhance organizational excellence by establishing operational benchmarks, timelines,
and resources needed to achieve strategic goals, proactively recommending and driving
improvements as necessary; set standards for accountability and measurements of
• Oversee SMILE’s volunteer assessment team and their evaluation activities including data collection systems, and all activities relating to program evaluation and measurement.
• Communicate and prepare all data collection summary reports and evaluation updates
for the executive committee and team leads.
• Oversee SMILE’s parent support groups and work to expand the program across the country.
• University or college degree or commensurate experience in healthcare, social science, development, or equivalent.
• Knowledge in community resources mobilization and development.
• Experience in the field of healthcare, social services and/or education
in a relevant field (paid or volunteer).
• Knowledge of project management and project design.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• High capacity for team building and networking.
• Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email and Internet).
• Strong written and verbal communication in English and Arabic languages.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume or CV to email@example.com. Salary will be
discussed with applicants upon receipt of application.
Submit Application by September 20th, 2020.
Please note: SMILE is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as
part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise us during the