Hiring! Assessment Coordinator
Updated: May 21, 2019
SMILE Canada – Support Services
Case Coordinator Position
Part-time 20 hours/week
The SMILE Case Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of significant activities including internal operations and acting as a liaison between the assessment team and families. S/he will be instrumental in ensuring consistent and effective internal processes and communications are applied in order to strengthen SMILE’s Not-for-profit programs and position the organization for continued success.
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, an approachable
demeanour and will enjoy having direct contact with children and their families. She or he must have a commitment to promoting diversity and have a passion for helping others.
Case Coordinator Highlights:
• Experience working with children with disabilities
• Knowledge of community resources, funding, IEPs, and navigating the healthcare system
• Receive information from the assessment team and refer SMILE clients to appropriate
services and resources.
• Develop care-plans and establish relationships with SMILE clients.
• Assist families with filling out forms to access funding and services.
• Research existing services and programs to meet individual family needs.
• Support the executive team and team leads to make consistent and progressive steps
towards organizational and programmatic consistency and sustainability.
• Enhance organizational excellence by establishing operational benchmarks, timelines,
and resources needed to achieve strategic goals, proactively recommending and driving
improvements as necessary; set standards for accountability and measurements of
• Oversee SMILE’s volunteer assessment team and their evaluation activities including data collection systems, and all contracts and activities relating to program evaluation and
• Communicate and prepare all data collection summary reports and evaluation updates
for the executive committee and team leads.
• Make best efforts to attend SMILE events including youth and kids events,
Recfest, and the SMILE Gala.
• Oversee SMILE’s mom support groups and work to expand the program across the country
• University degree in healthcare, social science, development, or equivalent.
• Knowledge in community resources mobilization and development.
• Experience in the field of healthcare, social services and/or education
in a relevant field (paid or volunteer).
• Knowledge of project management and project design.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• High capacity for team building and networking.
• Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email and Internet).
• Strong written and verbal communication in the English language.
NOTE: This is a work from home position with travel as required.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary will be
discussed with applicants upon receipt of application.
Submit Application by May 24, 2019.
Please note: SMILE is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as
part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise us during the