SMILE is Hiring: Fundraising Manager!
Updated: May 26, 2020
Part-Time Fundraising Manager – SMILE Canada – Support Services
Are you comfortable asking individuals to donate or contribute to a meaningful cause? Have you been told that you are a natural at networking and building new relationships? Do you have a passion for the Not-for-Profit world and the drive to get involved? If your answers to these questions are yes, we may have an exciting and challenging job opportunity that you’ve been looking for!
Who We Need?
SMILE Canada is looking for a bold, passionate, and compassionate person to add to our dedicated team. We need an analytical, creative, decisive, approachable person who is able to plan, communicate and execute directed campaigns that build on the strong community culture of our organization. We are looking for an energetic person that can learn about SMILE and convey its message to build support and raise funds by identifying and nurturing relationships and that will position the organization for success.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the fundraising manager will design, develop and execute fundraising plans with guidance from the executive director and board of directors. This is a flexible, remote work opportunity that will contribute to the success and well-being of the organization.
Who You Are?
Whether you are working with another non-profit in fund development, sales, relationship management at a corporation or you are in health promotion - you are someone driven by the need to work for a place with purpose. You can see the big picture and break it down into details to solve problems proactively and push your donation goals forward. You have the spirit and drive donations through dozens of events; customizing your approach throughout the region to ensure community engagement.
How You Will Make an Impact Every Day?
• Plan, deliver and execute a variety of fundraising campaigns including online campaigns that align with the financial goals and core values of the organization.
• Create an exceptional experience and positive interactions with business leaders and supporters; volunteers and organizers; participants; donors; and partners.
• Train and work alongside core contingent of volunteers and senior leadership.
• Generate revenue through coordinated fundraising activities in relation to developed and approved plans
• Nurture relationships: You will recognize, encourage and reach out to established supporters with the goal of acquiring new local participation, sponsorship, and donations. You will manage social media accounts, develop all published content and engage with followers to moderate conversations
• Collaborate: You will work closely with staff and volunteers to promote activities and identify interest and support within community networks. You will deliver a variety of presentations and participate in networking events.
• Champion success: You will support and inspire volunteers, event organizers, participants and potential donors to be successful in their desire to support SMILE Canada. You will lead our online fundraising.
• Troubleshoot: You will anticipate program participant needs and proactively search for solutions to ensure donor expectations are met or exceeded.
• Track and report: You will monitor program statistics, analyze the results and work with the executive director to plan and influence fundraising results and relationships. You will prepare bi-weekly status summaries and reports for review with the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
What Will You Bring?
• The education: You have a college diploma or a university degree in a relevant field.
• The experience: You have 1-2 years of experience in fundraising, sales, marketing, or business development. You know how to increase volunteer engagement and work with diverse stakeholders.
• The relationship-building expertise: You can gain the trust of high-value sponsors and donors as well as individual contributors, deepening existing and growing new relationships. You can inspire action, build momentum and encourage participation.
• The communication skills: You can effectively promote opportunities and partnerships through excellent public speaking, presentations and face-to-face networking. Language capability outside of English is a bonus
• The ownership: You are proactive, goal-oriented and creatively resourceful.
• The adaptability: You are comfortable working independently as part of a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You can manage a demanding schedule and prioritize responsibilities.
• The technical abilities: You are proficient with MS Office. Experience working with spreadsheets, CRM database. You have digital marketing experience and experience with email marketing practices, ideally in a not-for-profit environment. You understand digital platforms and know-how to leverage online channels to meet targets, drive brand awareness and acquire and retain donors. You are able to utilize design software such as Adobe or Canva.
• The flexibility: You can lead, participate in and support evening and weekend community events. You understand late or extra hours are often needed. You have a valid driver's license, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel throughout the specified geographic area
Compensation will include the following
• Base salary of $24 dollars an hour
• Statutory benefits
• Performance bonus based on achievement of fundraising goals up to 2.5% of total totals raised, subject to Board of Directors’ approval.
• Additional details will be provided on offer.
Please Note: The selection process will include complete job description review, personal interview, background investigation, and criminal background check.
We Require: RESUME + COVER LETTER Email email@example.com
Application Deadline is June 1st, 2020.