We are hiring - Programs Coordinator
SMILE Canada - Support Services is looking for a Project Coordinator to manage all SMILE programs and events in the community.
This position is responsible for:
- program development
- community outreach and engagement
- coordination of community education
- event planning and management;
- managing and creating content for all social media platforms
- providing technical assistance and logistical support to SMILE Volunteers specifically SMILE Team Leads and
- assisting the fundraising committee
Duties of the Project Coordinator include but are not limited to
- Responsible for all kids and youth events which will include: booking venues, creating unique activities geared towards kids/ youth with disabilities; maintaining the budget, coordinating with volunteers; keeping an updated calendar; maintaining communication with families on upcoming events
- Responsible for organizing fundraising events which include small donor events and bigger Gala type events. Tasks include Organizing facilities and details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, accommodation, equipment, promotional material etc
- Organizing RECFEST, annual sports carnival for kids of all abilities. Tasks include event sponsorship, creating promotional material, managing volunteers; maintaining Manage all event set-up, tear down and follow-up processes; Maintain event budgets; Book venues, entertainers, photographers, and schedule speakers.
- Helping to organize small fundraising events throughout the year
- Assisting with Grant applications including drafting grant requests that may include letters of intent, proposals, budgets, and other required documentation.
-Maintain relationships with donors and manage fundraising platforms
Inclusion Committee/ Awareness Committee
- Research local resources that would support the inclusion of children with disabilities in Islamic Schools
- Develop and conduct presentations for Islamic Centers & Schools
- Develop programs for mosques to become accessible with clear deliverables
- Connect masjids and centers to disability resources
- Schedule and/or provide logistical support for Community Conversations on disability-related issues that will be held throughout the community.
- Develop and conduct outreach to recruit diverse community members to participate in community conversations.
- Collect, manage and report data regarding established project milestones
- Compiling monthly newsletter
- Create SMILE educational and proportional material
- Responsible for informing SMILE families about upcoming Kids and Youth Events
- Coordinate details and maintain timelines and priorities for each SMILE event. - manage informational booths at various events around the city
- Update google docs, excel sheets, and other various documents.
- Experience working with and understanding culturally diverse communities
- Knowledge in issues related to disability and inclusion
- Success in event planning, professional volunteer management, public relations, special events, and networking is an asset
- Strong public speaking skills
- Knowledge in creating social media posts via Canva, and social media skills including the use of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising and the ability to participate in all areas of the development cycle.
- Able to succeed in making cold calls, as well as develop and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge in disability and accessibility
Please Note: The selection process will include complete job description review, personal interview, background investigation, and criminal background check.
RESUME + COVER LETTER