We Are Hiring! Service Navigator
SMILE Canada – Support Services
Service Navigator Position
Full-time 40 hours/week
The SMILE Service Navigator will be responsible for a variety of significant activities including supporting the SMILE families, finding culturally responsive resources, and communicating their needs with the SMILE team. The Service Navigator will be instrumental in ensuring consistent and effective internal processes and communications are applied in order to strengthen SMILE’s Not-for-profit programs and position the organization for continued success.
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, an approachable demeanour, and will enjoy having direct contact with children and their families. They must have a commitment to promoting equity and diversity and have a passion for helping others.
Service Navigator Highlights:
• Experience working with children with disabilities and racialized community members.
• Knowledge of community resources, funding, IEPs, and navigating the healthcare system.
• Receive information from the assessment team and refer SMILE clients to appropriate services and resources.
• Develop care plans and establish relationships with SMILE clients.
• Assist families with filling out forms to access funding and services.
• Research existing services and programs to meet individual family needs.
• Support the executive team and team leads to make consistent and progressive steps towards organizational and programmatic consistency and sustainability.
• Enhance organizational excellence by establishing operational benchmarks, timelines, and resources needed to achieve strategic goals, proactively recommending and driving improvements as necessary; set standards for accountability and measurements of success.
• Communicate and prepare all data collection summary reports and evaluation updates for the executive committee and team leads.
• University degree in healthcare, social science, development, or equivalent.
• Knowledge in community resources mobilization and development.
• Experience in the field of healthcare, social services, and/or education in a relevant field (paid or volunteer).
• Knowledge of project management and project design.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• High capacity for team building and networking.
• Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong written and verbal communication in the English language. Proficiency in Urdu, Somali or Arabic is an asset.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit Application by June 11, 2021.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, work hours will be home-based and virtually completed.
Please note: SMILE is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise us during the recruitment process.