SMILE Update (Covid-19)
Dear SMILE Families,
Given the rapidly evolving public health situation related to COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus), we wanted to inform you of SMILE’s decision regarding regular and special programming. After careful consultation with public health officials, we have decided to cancel all regular and special programming until further notice effective immediately. We have taken this extraordinary step, in light of the rapidly evolving situation and the potential risks it presents to SMILE families, staff and volunteers.
We are actively working to determine alternative program delivery options and will inform you directly regarding updates as more information becomes available.
To better support you in responding to this situation, we have consolidated some helpful tips shared by public health officials:
● Avoid large gatherings as much as possible
● Talk to your family doctor if you or your child has flu-like symptoms such as a fever, cough, runny nose
● Follow the advice of your health care provider if you have been asked to self-monitor
● Proper hygiene can help reduce the risk of infection or spreading the infection to others:
○ wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom, eating and playing outside and with other children.
○ use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
● When coughing or sneezing:
○ cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hand
○ dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible in a lined wastebasket and wash your hands afterwards
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
● Clean high-touch surfaces such as toys, toilets, phones, television remotes, and door handles frequently with regular household cleaners or diluted bleach (1 part bleach to 9 parts water)
Additional Resources links are provided below:
We will continue to monitor the situation and will keep you informed of plans for future programming. SMILE team members are making wellness check-in phone calls to all SMILE families in the next few days. Please let us know how we can support you during this time.
If you have any questions or concerns, kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org